Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter in the East


It was just the four of us this year for Easter in B-more. Dave and I 'painted' eggs on Saturday night (really just boiled on those egg wrappers) and I made my first ham ever! It was a bit of a challenge to find the kind of ham that my recipe called for however since most are pre-glazed or not sliced, too big, or too expensive, or not smoked... or who knows... Furthermore, who am I to know whether I was supposed to get the shank or the butt?! I closed my eyes and picked one- the shank.

We went to church and then the girls got to open their Easter treats. Since the girls still don't really know what they are missing when it comes to sweets, they each got one tiny chocolate peanut butter egg-- obviously Dave and I have ulterior motives here as we have an entire bag of them:) We were able to Skype with Grandma and pa Treiber and the ham turned out great with a fancy jalapeno pomegranate glaze- we are still eating the leftovers from that 10 lb delight.


1 comment:

  1. Love the photos of all of you! The latest of the girls now graces my desktop.

    xxoxox from a very happy g'ma

    ReplyDelete