Thursday, January 26, 2012

Not-so-white Christmas- 2011

We were back in Minnesota for the holidays again this year. Dave stayed for 5 days and I was there for 3 weeks! We had our traditional German (and this year Mexican too) meal on the 22nd (pre-bug thankfully) with Kobe beef guhuctus, German potato salad, herring, and beef stew and tamales to top off the Mexican side of the meal. We celebrated an early Christmas eve with my immediate family (parents and sister's family).

Christmas Eve is Bob's (Dave's dad) birthday so we enjoyed a meal at the Treibers and were able to stick around for the annual visit from their friends who come and sing "Happy Birthday" and then "We wish you a Merry Christmas" to them every year!

Unfortunately Christmas morning was spent in bed (till almost 3PM)... and that was all 4 of us- we couldn't believe the girls just kept on sleeping, but we let them! We were able to go to my cousin Shawn's house in the evening to see my extended family on my mom's side. None of us were feeling to hot, but we thought the worst was over. And it was, for us anyway. Unfortunately we heard a couple days later that several people at Shawn's that evening caught some sort of Bug. Since it was going around, maybe it wasn't us that passed it on-- but more than likely.

It was sad to see Dave go back to Baltimore, but I was able to spend some time with family and friends for the following weeks that I would otherwise not have been able to do with a full-time office job, so I had to take advantage!
Lucy? Stella? (i think Stella, not 100%)

Grandpa's wearing Stella's hat.. and backwards to boot

Stella

Lucy and Mom on the (day after) Christmas morning

Lucy, Luna, & Stella- and only one guitar?

Hallway at my parents condo... all 4 grandkids

Becky, Nico, Luna

Harajuku Mini

Opa with all his granddaughters

The extent of Christmas day at Shawn's.. with sick kids:(
PS. We only had a dusting of snow my entire 3 week visit... bummer!

No comments:

Post a Comment