Friday, July 8, 2011

The Bread Winner and Bread Maker

What's the best thing since sliced bread?
I would have to say un-sliced bread; at least the kind that I make at home and can put whatever I want in it and not have to worry about high fructose corn syrup being on the ingredient list!

I have been getting into making bread (sans machine)... so while we know the bread winner is the hubs right now, he is also the winner of great bread. Nothing beats a fresh loaf of summer dill, rosemary-onion, or garlic- basil goodness. Domestic? Yes. Does kneading relieve stress? Yes. Did it take me a while to realize that when they say  mix the yeast with luke warm water that it really needs to be luke warm? Yes. Is it kind of ridiculous that I am trying to make bread from scratch with two almost-walking girls at my feet? Maybe!

And letting it rise outside in the steamy heat of summer works wonders... and very quickly as well.

 So let's toast... to bread!

Quick note regarding this specific delicious loaf of garlic-basil bread: It is now in the digestive tract of my eldest canine. (We did have a few slices at least)

No comments:

Post a Comment