Sunday, October 20, 2013

Cardboard Dream House, Stage One

So I have been collecting cardboard and a variety of other recyclables (aka trash) for several months now with the idea that I was going to create a super awesome dollhouse for my kids. Naturally, and to no surprise, all this 'trash' has been hanging out in my house for quite some time, begging to hit the sidewalk on recycling day. So, I finally got started. And I must say, that its kind of fun, and that ultimately, this house will probably not just be played with by my children.
Just a portion of the Trash that I collected

Still missing wallpaper and flooring, but we made some classy furniture in the girls' fave colors. Couches/ beds are from the "Downy" box, table and chair are toilet paper rolls, egg crates, and random cardboard. Ottoman is a cigar case top.

Welcome to "SPA Ghetti" with shower and bubble bath ready to go! I also have a toilet from the top of a creamer container that I forgot to throw in for the pic. [Shower is obvious, bathtub is other half of pasta box, mirror is tin foil].
So I still have a ways to go, but the ladies have already had fun playing with these half-done rooms and helped me to pick out the wallpaper and made some cushions for for the couches. They stuffed cotton balls in the bathtub without realizing how great that is for a doll bubble bath!

No comments:

Post a Comment