Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Reading Out Loud

I have been reading out loud ever since the girls were born. When they were itty bitty I would read nursery rhymes mingled in with the latest John Sanford novel, Better Homes & Gardens magazine or the Baltimore Sun.
 Naturally, as they got older, the books became more relevant to their age group; however, I can't count the number of times that I have found them gently paging through one of my novels (sans pictures) or sitting in the living room enjoying the new recipes for the season along with the hot paint color trends for bathrooms. (Back in Minnesota I even caught one of them quietly looking through my mom's old Chemistry textbook).
However, I still have been caught a few times reading out loud (to myself) while waiting for the water to boil or sitting down to relax after the girls go down; Dave comes in and says "who are you talking to?"

I caught these two videos a few weeks apart of Lucy and Stella reading out loud.This is a great example of what goes on in our house.
Notice how Stella says "cheese" in both once she realizes I am there. Oh, and pardon the mess:)

2 comments:

  1. Love the inflections in their voices and their way of telling a story. Fun to hear their putting words together.

    Thank you so much for sharing these, Dani. Loved hearing and watching!

    G'ma Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are my girls! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete