Friday, August 24, 2012

I can't believe they are TWO!

Everyone says time flies with kids, and I know they are only two, but it feels like it has whizzed by! Of course the weird thing about time is that it also feels like the day they were born was so long ago... how does that work?

We planned a birthday celebration in just a few days and I think we pulled it off. I went park hunting a few days before the big event (on July 22) with the girls in tow. We were looking for a place where we could have a BBQ, that was easy to get to, and had a playground (doesn't sound too hard right?). Well, it was a little more complicated with all the summer festivals and fun-runs going on, translating to neighborhoods and streets blocked off; to top it off I94 was shut down for several miles as well.

Needless to say we made it work. We decided on Minnehaha Falls Park. The Wabun picnic area had everything we wanted and more. There were picnic tables amidst tall trees- not one but two playgrounds right next to each other, and as a bonus, there was a great wading pool with a fountain to boot!

The next challenge we had to conquer was how to make sure we got one of the two picnic areas that I had my heart set on. So... even though the party didn't start until 12, I woke up, got a latte, and headed over to the park at 8:30AM. I got the spot. It's a good thing I did, as about 15 minutes later someone came over and respectfully said she was bummed out because she was aiming for the same place.

I set everything up with table clothes, balloons, flowers, set out the bowls and plastic ware, set up the toy area- then it started to rain. Of course:) I succeeded in getting everything to a dry place and then Dave came to take over the "watching of the table". I went back, got the ladies, and we arrived around 11:30.

Our spot in the park-- I think Luna might be dipping into the cake early!

Stella and Lucy with their birthday boas getting ready to party!

Lucy having her cake and eating it too.

Stella and the huge balloon




The five ladies... kickin' it in the 2 inch deep water at the wading pool
We had a great time! We had a good number of folks that were able to make it- which was great on such short notice:) Thank you to our family and friends, and family friends who came to help us celebrate the big number TWO x2!!

2 comments:

  1. Dani, What a photogenic group of ladies! Thanks for such a fun post of such a great day. Applause for you and all you did for all of us that day. Great photos of the little ones--and of you and your sister and niece.

    More! More!

    love,
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wish is granted! I just posted another one:)

    ReplyDelete