Friday, September 23, 2011

Fourth trip to Minnesota goes off without a hitch!

The last time we were back in Minnesota we had a few adventures that included a trip to the emergency room among other things. The most recent visit was without incident. I guess that kind of depends on how you define "incident" however. I feel that this word is generally used under negative circumstances hence delivering an ultimately negative connotation.

We had an incident on the plane ride to Mpls as we were stuck on the plane almost 2 hours prior to departure. We spent some quality time meandering up and down the skinny aisles of the aircraft. On the return flight, while we left on time ,there was a bit of an incident on Dave's jeans after Lucy's diaper failed to absorb the way we had hoped.

I heard there was an incident with Dave's friend's vehicle while they were exploring up in the north woods... something about a transmission...

There was an incident with the pinata at niece Luna's 1st birthday party- when it just could not be broken.

However, the word "incident" itself merely means an occurrence of some sort.. an event. So while we had a few challenging incidents we had lots of fun ones as well.

Dave, Paul, and I still got to explore St. Paul (and its beers) a bit the night we arrived; we spent a long afternoon with Grandma and Grandpa Treiber; Dave got his boy's weekend at the Twin Pines; I stayed on Grand Ave with my parents (and close to my favorite coffee and bagels!); my sis and I spent an evening mixed with relaxing and cleaning her backyard, and then relaxing again; I made some fun cakes, and we got to go to Luna' s first Birthday party!

So I hope there are many more incidents to come- but let's appreciate the good incidents of today and live in the present- always; as one today is worth two tomorrows (Ben Franklin).

You mean my Daddy used to play with these toys??
They must be REALLY old.

Lucy- does this quilt match my pinafore?; Stella- i don' t know, but it matches daddy- and its awesome!
Thanks for making it (and out outfits) Grandma Karin!!

You have some food right.. there! (Lucy)

"Ooo! Is that daal, dahl, or maybe dal that I smell??" Stella

Grandpa!! Don't make me laugh so hard, I'm eating here!! :)


Uncle Paul and his nieces playing a trio

The 2-story fire on Lake Superior (boys weekend)

Luna-licious!


Becky and Luna; Becky and Nico

Happy Birthday Luna!


1 comment:

  1. I loved seeing the pictures and reading the blog Dani! It was sad that we could not connect again! We could have made it Saturday. I wish I had called as we were in the neighborhood before the gopher game. The girls are darling and I am sure the grandma's and grandpa's love every minute of the stay.

    ReplyDelete