Friday, August 5, 2011

Just a few of their favorite things!

It's really quite amazing how many types of baby toys there are out there; from simple blocks and puzzles to full on learning centers with lights, sounds, and memory cards. I try to keep the selection fresh, partially by keeping a different selection of toys on each of our 3 floors, but also by only taking out a few things at a time. I also notice that if they seem that they could care less about a particular toy, all I have to do is play with it myself and then all of a sudden the girls are fighting over who gets it next:)

So I have come to the realization, and I am sure many moms can attest to, is that regardless of how lavish a toy is, or how many colors or cool sounds it has; our little people will probably always be the most impressed with the little things (whether they are officially toys or not)- enter: water bottle, and red tube (of which we have no idea what it actually is- but migrated here from MN in Becky's suitcase).



Maybe we are all born with the knowledge that less is more and simplicity is divine--- its easy to forget as we get older with all the "noise" around us. It's nice to be reminded every now and again.

How many things are there which I do not want? -Socrates

No comments:

Post a Comment