Thursday, January 27, 2011

New Foods and Birthdays: 6 months and 29 years!


Last week, we celebrated two birthday events! Lucy and Stella hit their 6 month mark and Dave turned 29!

Dave and I were able to go out for a bit since my parents are in town. We went to the Gin Mill in Canton for drinks and dinner; I felt pretty lame when I was completely exhausted after an hour of being out! I was pretty excited about the "cake" I made him as well. I thought it was very Baltimore-appropriate; and it only took 3 hours to make and decorate! (argh)

The girls have been doing new things exponentially these days. They are both saying mamamama (who knows if they know what that means, but I like to think they do!). They have been very aware of each other, especially when one has a toy that the other thinks looks interesting.

We started introducing some solid foods as well. We gave each of them a pea-sized amount of mushed up banana on their birthday. They seemed excited to open their mouths, but once it hit their tongues, they both had this look of disgust- and it ended up all over their clothes. A few days later we tried applesauce with the same result. We have not done rice cereal yet, but that will be next!

No comments:

Post a Comment