Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Turkey (or Turduckin) Day! (And a special anniversary)

Stella and Lucy's first Thanksgiving was at our friends Tony and Michelle's house. I started getting ready at 1PM for a 7PM arrival date- good thing too! It's amazing how long it takes to bathe baby and parents, prep a casserole, put clothes on admist feeding and diapering babies as well.

We went to T & M's house last year as well. It was a memorable time of year because we found out the Sunday after Thanksgiving, 2009, that we were expecting! I couldn't believe it when I took the test- I took several actually:) The first test, the second blue line was kind of faint, the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th got darker and darker. So I found a little plastic baby (courtesy of a box -1of 7 btw-that was kindly dropped off when my parents were visiting) that was part of a collection of mini toys that i had saved for whatever reason. Well, it worked out, I found it, and wrapped it up and gave it to Dave- Surprise!! It was hard not being able to tell anyone for 3 weeks (we figured it was worth doing it in person over Christmas when we were back in MN).


So, like 2009, I made Aunt Sandi's famous wild rice casserole for this year's festivities... sooo good. I used hot pork sausage instead of regular ps this year, which added a perfect kick. Our gracious hosts made a Turduckin, but I think they had a hard time finding the duck... so i think it ended up just being a Turkin.



It was a late Thanksgiving for us, but the girls were great and pretty much slept for a good chunk of time while we were there (with the exception of Stella taking a nice big crappola in her pretty dress:)) But, the triptophan must have made its trip through my system into the girls, because it was a long sleeping night for them. Gobble Gobble.







2 comments:

  1. Great pictures of the Twins. But, what is the other picture? Could not figure that one out. Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving. Mom and I, Becky, Noe and family - we were in Moose Lake; had a great meal, as usual. Noe made some fantastic appetizers - pot stickers (filled with chicken and veggies), and also some crab and cream cheese filled wontons. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was (one of)the pregnancy test we took Nov. 30, 2009!

    ReplyDelete